http://myopicsquid.blogspot.ca/p/foxyform-functiond-t-var-g-d.html

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Gratuitous Pictures of a New Dress

So sue me, I think a new dress calls for many, many photos to be taken! But first, puppy kisses:

Okay, okay, so she's not a puppy anymore. She is still all kinds of adorable!
I can't really call this an outfit post because I got this dress in the mail the other day and just threw it on simply to take a couple photos in, no planning or accessorizing. Just a lot of jumping around. In case you're wondering though, I picked up the dress from DinoDirect (I had store credit from a purchase I cancelled. That coupled with the fact that I had a really hard time finding a dress that would fit me really limited my choices at the time). I adore the colour, and of course I had to pick polka dots. It's a bit of an obsession of mine. The belt is from a dress I picked off the clearance rack at Old Navy back in December. I was always apprehensive about ON. From my recollection of going in when I was young, it was really drab. But I'm really surprised at the clothing they have nowadays. If I wasn't so frugal I might shop there more often, haha. Anyway, on with the photos!


When I first got my DSLR I took many, many, jumping photos. It's been nearly three years now and I've rediscovered my love of crazy motion shots like these. Especially when wearing dresses. I can't get enough of it in case you couldn't tell!

I didn't realize it at first, but I'm totally levitating in front of the dog in this shot
Even though it was hot enough for me to be completely drenched in sweat within seconds of stepping outside (yuck!) I couldn't resist goofing off with the Holy Terror. We both got eaten alive by mosquitoes, and it was totally worth it. And Bonus: Now I'll have some photos for the photo wall I want to make when I move to the city this fall.  I'm behind the lens so much that I rarely get shots of me interacting with the people (and animals!) I love. That and my fear of how I look in photos have made those kinds of natural shots almost non existent. I take self portraits, not only because I'm often the only model I have on hand, but because I can control exactly how I look, and if I don't like it I can retake the shot until I do. I'm hoping to change that. Let go of the fear of looking "awful". I'd like to look back and see all the awesome times in my life with me enjoying them. And so it begins. With a dress, a dog, and a hot summer day.

Stay Scary,
Berlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...